11.18.2013

Happy Birthday, Bear!

 
These days, you will our Bear singing any one of the bazillions dozens of songs that she loves.  The theme from Disney-Pixar's Cars, Jesus Loves me and numerous Donut Man tunes are among her favorites.  Her current movie fetish is (surprise) Cars, and she's fascinated by all kinds of vehicles.  She is wondrously captured by airplanes, and her amazement in seeing/hearing them is so precious.  We are excited to introduce Disney-Pixar's Planes to her soon.
 
I'm so thankful that she still loves to read books.  Her all-time favorite is Go, Dog, Go!. So that was her birthday party theme.  We decorated in primary colors, ate hotdogs and everyone wore paper hats (like the dog party at the end of the book!).
 
 
If I would let her, she would eat pizza, mac n cheese, sweet peas, bananas, yogurt, cupcakes, ice cream, grapes, and PB&J all day every day.  She's learning how to take tea with us in a big girl teacup, and loves it!

She carries around a little Lightning McQueen, exclaiming "Ka-chow!" and "Brrmmm, brrmm!"  Or you will find her with her Calico Critters family, trying to shove their furniture through the doll house windows.  With obsessive delight, Bear loves coloring and writing.  We enjoy cuddling with a notebook, while I draw basic shapes, letters and numbers for her to identify.
 
Bear loves her Sissy-Bee, too.  Much to Sissy's disgruntlement, Bear likes playing the Woller-all-over-Bee game.  She snuggles her, squeezes her, swoons on her, and its all fun and girly giggles until Sissy gets bonked or near smothered in love.
 
 
Ever since the labor pains that October week night, we knew our Bear was not textbook.  At two years old, she still doesn't come with an instruction manual for everything she is.  Even though the second year has been the cliché year of predicted terrors, I love being her Mommy.  Her strong-willedness is still smothered in a sweetness and an eagerness to please that melts me.  I've resolved that the Word of God and the work of the Holy Spirit are the only successful roadmaps of parenting...I haven't found any other manuals or formulas that work on my toddler (and on ME at the same time!).
 
Through shepherding her little heart, the Almighty has shown me so much about the Gospel, my own selfishness, anger-issues, lack of patience and desperate need of him in every moment.  Praise God, despite my very feeble efforts to rely on him on the bad days of parenting, he has been gracious, and Bear is blossoming so beautifully.  There's a light at the end of the terrible-two tunnel!

19 comments:

  1. Awww,cute! Happy birthday to her!
    Did you just friend me on Google?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I don't know if you remember me, but I used to blog at itsajenslifedotcom.blogspot.com. You were a sweet, faithful commenter so I tracked you down. :)

      Delete
    2. Ah, okay :) I added you back. I did enjoy your blog then and now.

      Samantha R

      Delete
  2. Oh how precious!! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl :) Time goes by so quickly, doesn't it? Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. :( Thank you, Stephanie! ((hugback))

      Delete
  3. Loved this post! Bear is such a cutie and she sounds like she has a wonderful personality. It's my prayer she grows up to be a devoted follower of Christ! Happy birthday, Little Miss Bear! :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayer, Melinda--we so pray that, too. :)

      Delete
  4. Well siad! Ashley and I are so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andi! And thank you for the comments, it was so fun seeing your name on here. :) Love you!

      Delete
    2. I love you too! I wanted to be in touch with you, so I figured following your blog was the best way to do it :).

      Delete
    3. Aw thanks! Right now it is, though I will emerge into the social media world again, I have a feeling. :) I will hopefully have a blog post about that soon, haha.

      Delete
  5. So cute. Happy birthday to the sweet one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet precious girl. Those top pictures are just adorable! You're a wonderful Mom, my friend. On the days you feel like it, and the days you don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such endearing encouragement, friend. It's been a joy to be witness to your motherhood. You're a wonderful Mom as well, and you edify me!

      Delete
  7. Aww! Wish her a happy birthday from me! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, she is adorable! Donut Man songs are some of my son's favorites too. It's so cute that she loves Cars! I think she and my two year old would be great pals. :-)

    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog last week, I'm looking forward to reading more of yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Callie! I thought the same thing when I was reading your posts--our two-year-olds have a lot in common. It would be fun to have play dates if we lived closer. ;)

      Delete

Please share your thoughts! I enjoy comments of all varieties, lengths and contents, and I do try to faithfully reply. :)