8.31.2013

About Yub Nub

Hello friend.
Welcome to the Yub Nub Café.  You probably haven't a clue (unless you're a complete and total nerd, too) what a *yub nub is, and know for a fact that this is not a literal café.  Maybe one day when I can virtually serve coffee, tea and dainty pastries, it will be.  But for now, it's simply a cozy corner of the internet that I call home for journaling, discussions, seriousness and unseriousness of all varieties.  Most of all, I want to pen about life here, and all that true life (and living it) entails for me. :)

Who's me?
 
My name is Jen.  I'm an almost-30-twenty-something, who loves Jesus Christ.  I was born an outcast, but I have been adopted as a daughter of the Most High God, all because of what Christ has done.  Because I have true life in Him, I can't pen about life without Him.  It would be meaningless.  If you ever want to ask what He has done for me, or why I love Him, please feel free.

I'm a homeschooled graduate with a little college and my CNA.  I've worked at a stables, restaurant, photography studio and a nutritional company.
 
I am married to Mr. O, an introverted hipster-theologian-old man-artist-professor wannabe, who is my bestie and the funniest guy I know.  We have been adventuring through the beautiful, treacherous, sanctifying waters of marriage for only 3 years.  I say "only" because, while we feel that we have learned SO much, we still have 47+ more years of learning to do.

Our lives have been graced with a Bear (2 years) and a Bee (1 year)...two darling little girls who bring much joy, humility and magic into our days.  They are constant reminders of God's grace--how much we need it to be able to bestow it.
 
I am head mistress of The Wheelburrow, our 40ft camper house in my parent's driveway.  It's name is derived from both it's cozy, rabbit-burrowness and a tribue to it's mobility.

I have such a widespread variety of interests, that it would confuse you to list them all (or reveal just how weird I am, and we don't want that).  A condensed list includes:
  • a love for all forms of writing.
  • books. literature. biographies. poetry. theology. fiction.
  • amateur photography.
  • nursing.
  • proper care of the elderly.
  • cooking & healthy/whole eating.
  • quiet, and learning quiet.
  • music.
  • fellowship.
  • missions. domestic and foreign.
  • house churching, or any churching and learning to be part of the church.
  • movie nerdature.
Although I love to blog, and the community that comes with it, I've had a hard time in the last several years doing it steadily.  Life sometimes gets too demanding, or changes suddenly, and my priorities take a major shift.  Sometimes blogging is a season for me.  Sometimes you see me, sometimes you don't.  But I love to keep in touch via email, so drop me a line if you want to know if I'm still alive. :)

*yub nub
a.  a word in Ewok language from Star Wars: Episode VI.  Yes.  I'm a nerd.
b.  the aforementioned Ewok word that we have made a household term for endearment, frustration or randomness.  The nerdier Mr.O started it.

7 comments:

  1. It's good to see you in the blog world again! :-) I look forward to reading your thoughts. Loved this introductory post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your new space on the interwebs. Hope you do start blogging more; I miss it! Says the girl who never blogs herself. ;) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! I didn't realize you had this new blog up. Yay! Can't wait to follow along :)
    PS. Love your about page - your life reminds me of simpler, days gone by ciraca Laura Ingalls Wilder. lol. But then I tend to draw the most random inferences at time, so that probably makes no sense to you, but I do mean it as a compliment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Okay I just TOTALLY had an OMG moment. Sorry for the all caps, but for real. I looked at your picture and was like "why does she look so familiar?" *searches brain* Is that Leann's friend? Boom. Glad to have met you! I told Leanna you seemed very nice and I liked you a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's awesome! :) I'm so glad to have met you, too and I liked you a lot as well. :) I definitely appreciate your sense of humor--on your blog and in person!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jen, SO nice to 'meet' you!
    A little birdie tells me that you too will be writing on Meditations of His Love come January...so exciting! Looking forward to getting to know you better! Hugs!
    ~ Micaela :)
    www.micaela419.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Micaela (love the spelling of your name!), it's super nice to meet you as well! I'm looking forward to writing and fellowshipping with you on MOHL. :) Thank you for stopping by and introducing yourself!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts! I enjoy comments of all varieties, lengths and contents, and I do try to faithfully reply. :)